Foods to Avoid Feeding Your Dog

Foods to Avoid Feeding Your Dog

Dogs often like eating, so when their owner gives them tasty food, they are overjoyed. However, not all foods are healthy for dogs. We have included a few foods here that are harmful or poisonous to dogs.

Chocolate: Chocolate poses a serious health risk to canines. Theobromine, which is present in excessive amounts, is harmful to their bodies. Be aware that dark chocolate has greater potential health risks than milk chocolate does. The amount of methylxanthines found in white chocolate is the lowest, while the amount found in dark chocolate is the largest.

Garlic and Onions: Garlic and onions are also unhealthy. Anemia is brought on when dogs consume them since they slowly destroy the dog’s red blood cells. They also irritate the digestive system.

Macadamia Nuts: Macadamia nuts include a toxin that might weaken your dog’s muscles and neurological system.

Avocado: The chemical persin found in avocados causes dogs to vomit and have diarrhea. So, never give avocado to your dog.

Sugar-Free food: Dogs shouldn’t consume sugar-free food since it contains xylitol, an artificial sweetener. Xylitol is fatally harmful. Additionally, xylitol contributes to certain digestive issues.

Grapes and Raisins: Both grapes and raisins have the potential to severely harm the liver and kidneys. It’s best to avoid them.

Human Vitamin Supplements, particularly those containing iron, may harm the lining of the digestive system. and may result in liver and renal damage.

Nutmeg – may harm the neurological system, produce tremors, and even cause seizures.

Small Bones: Generally speaking, bones shouldn’t be provided since they may splinter and create wounds and punctures in the mouth and digestive system.

Yeast Dough: The active yeast culture in yeast dough may upset the stomach and perhaps rupture the digestive tract by releasing gas in the digestive system.

Milk and Dairy Products: While not all dogs are affected, some dogs have a sensitivity to milk products, which may result in flatulence and diarrhea. Because dogs lack considerable levels of lactase, the enzyme that breaks down lactose in milk.

Alcohol: Alcoholic drinks and food items may make dogs throw up, have diarrhea, lose coordination, have central nervous system depression, have respiratory problems, tremors, and abnormal blood acidity, dogs can go into a coma, or even pass out. Give no alcohol to your dog under any circumstances.

Citrus: Citrus trees’ stems, leaves, peels, fruit, and seeds all contain variable levels of citric acid as well as essential oils that, when consumed in large quantities, may irritate the stomach and perhaps even induce central nervous system depression. Small dosages, like eating the fruit, are unlikely to cause much more than a slight stomach ache.

Snack Foods that Contain Salt: Large salt intakes may result in increased urine and thirst, or even sodium ion poisoning in animals. Vomiting, diarrhea, sadness, trembling, increased body temperature, convulsions, and even death are symptoms that your pet may have consumed too much salty food. As a result, we advise against giving your dog salty treats like potato chips, pretzels, and salted popcorn.

Plaque Buster is one of the best tools to maintain your dog’s oral health. Give us a call on 813-438-3894 or check out our products